- Separate fish meat from its bones. Mix the meaty slices with salt and rinse them.
- Diagonally, cut the meat slices into 1 cm pieces. Cut the bones into slightly larger pieces. The bones can be fried later and also consumed as snack.
- Marinate the small pieces of fish meat with salt, fish sauce, turmeric powder and chicken powder for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, crush then blend onions, garlics, ginger, chilli powder and lemon grass altogether.
- Let oil boils in pre heated pan and fry the pieces of fish bone.
- When those pieces become reddish, take them out.
- Put the blended ingredients into same pan and fry.
- Add the pieces of fish meat when onions start changing their colour to slightly red. Close the pan with the lid for awhile and stir often to avoid sticking onto fry pan.
- After 2 minutes, add small amount of water and close it again with the lid. It helps to get rid of fishy smell.
- When it is sizzling and water starts to evaporate rapidly, it is ready to be served . You may also taste it and add more salt if it is necessary.
- It is optional to add amaranth leaves and leave it on the stove for a little longer.
It is one of the typical meals that Burmese people usually consume.
This one is with amaranth leaves.
This is fried fish bones which can be enjoy as a side dish or snack.