The following is the instruction of how to cook step by step in English
- Grate corn using grater and pound it using mortar and pestle.
- Chop heads of prawns off and pound them.
- Pound garlic and chop coriander.
- Put garlic, coriander, dried crush chilli, fish sauce and sugar and mix everything thoroughly.
- After that, add corns and shrimps and mix them with cornflour altogether.
- After everything is well mixed, put 2 eggs which were beaten in advance. Mix everything thoroughly for batter. (For those using food processor, you may use everything except for oil and eggs to make batter.)
- Heat oil in pan until it boils and deep-fry battered ingredient after shaping them into round pieces of half a palm size. It is important that they must not stick one another while frying. When they turn to brown colour, take them out of the pan and sieve oil out from the cakes.
Sauce for prawn cake (Organic sauce)
- Rinse a small tamarind and soak it in hot water for tamarind paste.
- Get preserved fish sauce ready by boiling preserved fish paste with small amount of water.
- Get 2 tablespoons of gram flour.
- Get 1 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- Get 5 green chillies and pound them.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic and pound them.
- Get 5 branches of coriander and cut them into tiny pieces.
Put all the ingredients from step 2 to 7 into tamarind paste and mix them for the sauce. Chilli sauce is also a good choice to go with the cakes.